Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seefiedler
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 1 of 3

Magnetic interference with smartphonecase/ Black screen

Laptop: X380 Yoga Thinkpad, Windows 10,

There are no Problems found with any Virusdetector and the Laptop is only half a year old.

The Problem is:

When moving my Smartphonecase (magnetic case) with or without the phone inside, to the left of the touchpad, where the Sticker (Intel Core i7) is and right at the moment when the phonecase touches the laptop, the screen goes black and when puting the phonecase away the screen goes on again. When holding it to long at the spot, the laptop even shuts down...

This is probably a bigger issue and I will try to contact someone directly.

but maybe someone has an idea. Or you can see if you have the same issue...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 140
Message 2 of 3

Re: Magnetic interference with smartphonecase/ Black screen

Hello and welcome,

Not sure this is a big issue at all.  Have a look at the HMM pgae 70: 

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x380yoga_hmm_en.pdf

The location you describe sounds like it's right on top of the hall sensor  that detects the presence of a magnet when the display is closed.  My guess is that the magnet in your phone case fools the laptop into thinking the lid is closed and it blanks and then sleeps or shuts down.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Seefiedler
Paper Tape
Views: 99
Message 3 of 3

Re: Magnetic interference with smartphonecase/ Black screen

Makes sense.

Thank you very much, that is a big relief.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors