cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aslaeedisoft
What's DOS?
Views: 177
Message 1 of 3

Mat**bleep**a uj8a2 DVD can't be recognized by Windows 10 in ThinkPad X230 with Ultrabase 3

Hi Dears,

Any body can help me to solve this issue, I purchased new Ultrabase 3 without DVD, I want to use my existing one from ultrabase for X201, unfortunatelly, when I plug the DVD in the New base, the green led works, and I can hear sound, but the system will not start emediatelly, it will take around 3 minutes to start, and the DVD does not appear in my explorer.

Thanks in advance.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 152
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mat**bleep**a uj8a2 DVD can't be recognized by Windows 10 in ThinkPad X230 with Ultrabase 3

then it's mostlikely that your old dvd player is not compatible with your new laptop :/ since lenovo uses Whitelist but if it is compatible then, i will let proper person answer to this.

JohnMcDonnell
Core Memory
Views: 141
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mat**bleep**a uj8a2 DVD can't be recognized by Windows 10 in ThinkPad X230 with Ultrabase 3

Not sure if this will resolve the issue, but a firmware update for the UJ8A2 is available from Lenovo here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds014123

According to the readme you might have trouble installing this update when the drive is in a dock, however I have done this in the past without a problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors