Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee krinkn
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,193
Message 1 of 3

Mic Not Working - OneLink Pro + X1 Carbon 2nd Gen

I have an X1 Carbon 2nd generation and hooked to it a OneLink Pro dock. Attached to that are two external monitors, a keyboard, mouse, USB HD and ethernet. 

I used to connect my headphones directly to my notebook but a few months ago I noticed that when my notebook is hooked to the dock the notebook's audio would not work. Not a giant problem becasue I could get audio feed via the dock. But, it is a problem when I am on a conference call because the Mic feed doesn't work in the dock. 

To  join a conference call I have to unhook my notebook and use my headset with the notebook. Alternatively I can join the audio section of the call on my phone and then the webfeed on my notebook. Both are frustrating. 

Can I force the audio/mic feedback on my notebook even when hooked to the OneLink doc? 

Or, can the Mic feed go through the dock? 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,150
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mic Not Working - OneLink Pro + X1 Carbon 2nd Gen

I have two X2 Carbon 3d Gen systems and two OneLink Pro docks with the same problem. The dock combo port microphone feed does not work.

I have the latest OneLink Pro software installed (1.08.36), and already updated the dock to the latest firmware (2.24).

When I plug a headset into the OneLink Pro combo port, it is detected, and looks OK... BUT the headset audio is dead, while the X1 microphones are still picking up audio:

NoOneLinkProDockMicrophone.JPG

I have to unplug the X1 from the OneLink Pro and plug the headset into the X1 combo port to have a conversation :-s.

Any ideas out there?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,026
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mic Not Working - OneLink Pro + X1 Carbon 2nd Gen

Hi krinkn,

I see you marked my post as a solution. I think that perhaps you mis-read it.

I have four OneLink Pro docks, and the mic side of the Combo Mic/Audio Port has NEVER worked. It still doesn't work. 

I'm still looking for any ideas which might rectify this!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors