Options

4 Posts

10-08-2019

GB

12 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 4

Missing Power Plan 'Lenovo intelligent Powerplan' after new Windows 10 Installation

2019-11-10, 23:58 PM

I have recently reinstalled Win 10 on my X1 7 Gen. I am no missing the 'Lenovo Intelligent Powerplan' or 'Lenovo Intelligent Powersaving Plan'. I can't remember what it's called. I also installed Vantage but its not showing up. 

Any idea if i can still get this power plan? 

Solved! See the solution
Options

6078 Posts

10-29-2009

NC

17511 Signins

157040 Page Views

• Views: 157040
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Missing Power Plan 'Lenovo intelligent Powerplan' after new Windows 10 Installation

2019-11-12, 13:39 PM

That's a factory preload power plan.  It just changes some timeouts and nothing else.  If you install Windows 10 yourself (not the factory preload) you won't have it.  But you aren't really missing anything.  Just set the power settings you like yourself.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

08-02-2012

US

8 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Missing Power Plan 'Lenovo intelligent Powerplan' after new Windows 10 Installation

2020-02-07, 17:58 PM

I tend to disagree with you that it does noting, in our case on the P53 model we saw significant performance problems without it. There are numerous setting within this LENOVO OEM build power plan (Lenovo Intelligent Power) that are required for the P53 model to actually operate correctly. We have had to side load this into our new windows 10 Pro install so that we gain optimal performance from our hardware. Without this plan windows and the Lenovo configured hardware do not cooperate correctly and the power slider and other settings were missing. In our case the power plan not being set correctly with the Lenovo technology would throttle the CPU and GPU to nearly 20% of the full capacity severly affecting system performance in VR, Benchmarks and heavy CPU compute tasks. 

Microsoft has numerous articles on how to export and load the power plans. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-options

This article specificly states that the OEM builder has the ability to customize each step in the power slider:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/customize-power-slider

Options

6078 Posts

10-29-2009

NC

17511 Signins

157040 Page Views

• Views: 157040
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-07, 18:10 PM

>> power slider and other settings were missing

I don't think this kind of problem can be caused by not having the Lenovo intelligent Power plan.  When I deploy P53 with MDT and the SCCM driver pack, I don't have the Lenovo Intelligent Power plan, yet I still have the power slider and power settings.  I'm glad you got your problems sorted out, but I just don't see how adding a power plan fixed the problems you described.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save