Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashoori
Blue Screen Again
Views: 920
Message 1 of 4

Mobile Broadband

In the “Hardware Maintenance Manual” I download for ThinkPad® X230 is pointed out to “Removing the SIM card”. I have also reviewed and I see that it has slot for SIM card.

Model: 23255CG
Serial: xxxxxxx

I also put a SIM card in this slot, but I do not know how can I activate it? Should I install a driver to use GPRS? Apart from the Internet, can it be used for both Call and SMS? Is there any utility to do so?

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 909
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mobile Broadband

If you didn't fit mobile broadband card yourself you havn't that card in your laptop from the factory. It's wwan ready only, i.e.has internal wwan antennas and sim card holder.

If you'll decide to buy and insert wwan card you have not to download and launch application from Lenovo site "Mobile Broadband". It's for simless CDMA/EV-DO networks only.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

ashoori
Blue Screen Again
Views: 902
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply. My laptop has SIM Card Holder and I inserted one SIM Card in this slot. Is it possible one Laptop has SIM Card Holder but it doesnt have Modem?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 891
Message 4 of 4

Here are the specs for your laptop (SUPPORT -> Enter "23255CG" in QuickPath):

i7-3520M(2.9GHz),4GB RAM,180GB Solid State Drive,12.5in 1366x768 LCD,Intel HD Graphics,Intel 802.11agn,Bluetooth,1Gb Ethernet,UltraNav,Secure Chip,Fingerprint reader,Camera,6c Li-Ion,Win7 Pro 64

It doesn't appear to have a modem.  They all (AFAIK) have a SIM slot, whether it's connected or not.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors