Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelWilson
Paper Tape
Views: 832
Message 1 of 3

Mobile broadband meter

I am currently using a 30 day free subscription to Vodaphone mobile broadband and am considering paying in the longer run. However, while the Access Connections software tells me the data transfered for each connection, there seems to be no way to get total usage figures which I would need to ensure I do not exceed my limit. While I understand third party products such as NetMeter are available to do this, it would be good if a meter was incorporated by Lenovo into Access Connections.

Nigel

Roger99
Token Ring
Views: 804
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mobile broadband meter

Have you tried Vodafone tech support? 

I have a data account with them using a PCMCIA card that has a Vodafone connection manager. It logs data use on GSM and 3G as well as handling SMS messages. I doubt if this will work using the internal modem but they might have a version for it. Worth asking.  

NigelWilson
Paper Tape
Views: 797
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mobile broadband meter

Thank you but it was Vodaphone that suggested NetMeter; apparently Vodaphonesoftware is not for embedded mobile. I do not like having more software on my machine than necessary as there is more to go wrong and more risk of software conflicts, confused settings and firewall issues. I hope Lenovo will see this and incorporate a meter into Access Connections.

Nigel

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors