12-31-2008

UK

4 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 3

Mobile broadband meter

2008-12-31, 15:55 PM

I am currently using a 30 day free subscription to Vodaphone mobile broadband and am considering paying in the longer run. However, while the Access Connections software tells me the data transfered for each connection, there seems to be no way to get total usage figures which I would need to ensure I do not exceed my limit. While I understand third party products such as NetMeter are available to do this, it would be good if a meter was incorporated by Lenovo into Access Connections.

Nigel

Options

107 Posts

11-27-2008

United Kingdom

130 Signins

775 Page Views

• Views: 775
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Mobile broadband meter

2009-01-01, 12:40 PM

Have you tried Vodafone tech support? 

I have a data account with them using a PCMCIA card that has a Vodafone connection manager. It logs data use on GSM and 3G as well as handling SMS messages. I doubt if this will work using the internal modem but they might have a version for it. Worth asking.  

Options

3 Posts

12-31-2008

UK

4 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Mobile broadband meter

2009-01-01, 14:54 PM

Thank you but it was Vodaphone that suggested NetMeter; apparently Vodaphonesoftware is not for embedded mobile. I do not like having more software on my machine than necessary as there is more to go wrong and more risk of software conflicts, confused settings and firewall issues. I hope Lenovo will see this and incorporate a meter into Access Connections.

Nigel

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save