GR

5 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 2

Mouse Uses 50% iGPU Lag Everywhere

2019-11-09, 16:02 PM

Hello,

Yesterday I got the new Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 2 with 4K screen, i7-9750H CPU, 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD (no updates pending).

The laptop has two problems but I will mention the serious one first.

1) The laptop lags everywhere. When watching YouTube videos, scrolling on the internet and even when you move windows around the screen. I have noticed that the video lagging gets worse when I move the mouse. So I started searching. What I have found is that even without any program running at idle whenever I move the mouse cursor I get up to 50% iGPU usage on the "Desktop Window Manager". This is really unacceptable. It's an 3000€ laptop BEFORE TAX and it lags everywhere. You can't watch even a video and I have bought it for my work.

2) When HDR is enabled the screen has a pink like color. This problem is not serious but I am mention that.

Please provide me a solution for the first problem ASAP!

Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Mouse Uses 50% iGPU Lag Everywhere

2019-12-23, 17:01 PM

Hi MGjolena!

Try running the hardware test from the Vantage to check for hardware failure. Could you try booting to safemode with networking and check if the issue is the same? Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete