cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas_Geis
Paper Tape
Views: 3,034
Message 1 of 25

Mouse pointer hangs for a few seconds frequently (also when I connect external mouse) Lenovo X280

Thinkpad X280
Modell: 20KFCTO1WW
Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Mouse pointer hangs for a few seconds frequently (also when I connect external mouse). I have installed all drivers through Lenovo System Update. The product is brandnew. What is the reason?

Proza
Paper Tape
Views: 2,857
Message 2 of 25

Re: Thinkpad 550 - Random Mouse and System Freezes

I got new x280 ,  the mouse (intranl and external)geeting freeze randomly for 2-3 sec ,  any suggestions ?

mantas99
What's DOS?
Views: 2,852
Message 3 of 25

Re: Mouse pointer hangs for a few seconds frequently (also when I connect external mouse) Lenovo X28

I have same problem with my new X280 and win10 (64bit).

Tried updating all drivers/bios/windows. it's already for 2 months - random freeze for 3-15sec. no specific pattern on when it happens. try to move the mouse and it hands. or while doing something it stops. more often it happens when something "more heavy" is about to start. eg. going to youtube (more content loaded), switching to a big excel, in those cases it would hang 70% of times. but again - not always. and sometimes while just moving the mouse pointer on a simple light website.

during the freeze it seems keyboard buffer is active, when it unfreezes it would input all the characters pressed.

at times it hangs for really long time. then I press the power button to put it to freeze and it does. then press power again to wakeup and it is back to normal, from same place where it hung.

this is really annoying, I use machine for work and I'm considering to change to another brand, though it would be really sad as I always used thinkpads for last 15 years.

MAKE: ThinkPad X280

MODEL: 20KF001GMX

BIOS: NE20ET33W 1.18

Thomas_Geis
Paper Tape
Views: 2,839
Message 4 of 25

Re: Mouse pointer hangs for a few seconds frequently (also when I connect external mouse) Lenovo X28

At least good to hear that I am not the only one.

Update: Lenovo changed my mainboard, no effect. Most exciting: If I mirror my monitor, eg by having  projector connected through HDMI or VGA, on the mirrored screen, the mouse does not hang. Try this please. I thought, I was dreaming, when I saw this. Might the screen on the X280 have a hardware problem? I am hpoing on a daily basis that some driver update will solve this, but loosing patience...

Kris237
802.11n
Views: 2,822
Message 5 of 25

I had this problem on a T530 with a wireless BT mouse.  Seems like when I plug the extension into the usb2 socket it sometimes goes wonky. Hated to waste a usb3 socket but plugged it in there and haven't had a prob since. hth

-------- ThinkPad T530-2394-3J8, i5-3380M 2.9GHz, Dual boot (BIOS/MBR): Ubuntu 18.10 / Win7 Pro x64 . 8GB(15GB/s), Sammy 250GB SSD. Fast! -------
gravity47
What's DOS?
Views: 2,665
Message 6 of 25

I have the same problem with mouse lag and jitter. I have the O/S and firmware fully patched.
Super annoying.
Markovan
What's DOS?
Views: 2,601
Message 7 of 25

Same problem here.  Hangs/pauses for both no external connected mouse and for external connected mouse. 80% of the time it will come back after 3-5 secs, 15% I need to put the laptop to sleep then wake and the pointer is moving again. 5% a reboot is required. 

All updates, fixes, BIOS updates applied. 

jonas_h
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,443
Message 8 of 25

Same here. The only thing that prevents it for me is using a bluetooth mouse. That is super annoying, as it makes the track point unusable.

@lenovo You need to present a solution. This is ridiculous 

mantas99
What's DOS?
Views: 2,440
Message 9 of 25

I have a bluetooth mouse (Microsoft) - it does not help. ocasional hangs are there. not using a mouse at all - same.

jonas_h
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,438
Message 10 of 25

Are u using an usb dongle to connect to your mouse? I'm using the build in bluetooth.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors