Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo305
What's DOS?
Views: 1,556
Message 1 of 4

Multiple Driver Issues on brand new X1 Yoga 3G

Hi all,

Just received a new X1 Yoga 3rd Gen and I'm having a ton of issues after updating everything.

Started when I noticed Windows Hello is no longer functional.  Went into Device Manager, and I see Biometric Devices > Synaptics WBDI, Portable Devices > WPD FileSystem Driver, Sensors > HID Sensor Collection V2 (all 3), System Devices > Detection Verification, System Devices > System Interface Foundation V2 Device all have driver issues.  Status states device isn't working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required. (Code 31).

I have tried several refreshes of the laptop and the errors keep showing up.  I have tried Lenovo Vantage, but when I open it says I have to install an update.  I install the update, restart as it tells me to, and then when I open Vantage again, I get the same request telling me to install the update again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have tried LenovoServiceBridge setup.  Also to no avail. I get the error "The drive or UNC share you selected does no exist or is not accessible.  Please select another."

I'm also getting a new error that Windows Update failed.  Any ideas?  I've been at this for hours which is pretty inexcusable for a ThinkPad that is barely a day old.  It seems like I can't do any updates or anything.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,554
Message 2 of 4

Re: Multiple Driver Issues on brand new X1 Yoga 3G

I would start by going to https://support.lenovo.com/us/en, entering your serial number and installing all of the available drivers, becauase Lenovo Vatage is not quite up ot par in my opinion.   If you want to update them automatially, use Lenovo System Update, which predates Lenovo Vantage and I think works better..

Lenovo305
What's DOS?
Views: 1,472
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for trying to help.  That didn't end up working, so I downloaded the Windows recovery file to the USB and did a clean install.  That seemed to do the trick. Smiley Happy

ukgnome
Paper Tape
Views: 624
Message 4 of 4

did you work out where the driver for Detection Verification is hiding

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors