cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tricqster
Paper Tape
Views: 626
Message 1 of 3

My Product description doesn't match (searching by Product number on Lenovo site)

Hi,

I bought Thinkpad X200s on eBay - new, not used. I received it sealed with tape, not opened, hw configuration was exactly as was described/ordered. The numbers on the box are the same as on the notebook.
But when I go on Lenovo site, and check it by product number, I got different result.

My real HW configuration (only what differs):
HDD: 128 GB SSD, 6 cell battery, don't have UltraBase.
(the rest is ok)

This is what I got from Lenovo site, searching by Product number (7466-3GU):
---
Product: ThinkPad X200s 7466-3GU

Original description: SL9400(1.86GHz), 4GB RAM, 160GB 7200rpm HD, 12.1in 1440x900 LCD, Intel 4500MHD, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, Secure chip, X200 UltraBase+CDRW/DVDRW, Fingerprint reader, Intel Turbo Memory, 9c Li-Ion, WinVista Business 32
---

When I called on Lenovo support, they told me, it's strange, and that shouldn't happen. I asked them, to check it, if they will get the same result. And they sent me the same product description, as on the Lenovo site. So HDD, battery, and UltraBay differs.
Now I'm affraid, what if I'll have any problem, if they will accept it, or they will tell me, it's not cowered by warranty, because there are not original parts.
Is this a problem? What should I do now?
Thank you for your suggestions.

Karol

---

P.S.: I apologise for double post, I posted this question already on http://forum.notebookreview.com, but no reply. Then I realised, this is more appropriate forum for this question.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 616
Message 2 of 3

Re: My Product description doesn't match (searching by Product number on Lenovo site)

I bought Thinkpad X200s on eBay - new, not used. I received it sealed with tape, not opened, hw configuration was exactly as was described/ordered. The numbers on the box are the same as on the notebook.
But when I go on Lenovo site, and check it by product number, I got different result.

My real HW configuration (only what differs):
HDD: 128 GB SSD, 6 cell battery, don't have UltraBase.
(the rest is ok)
Now I'm affraid, what if I'll have any problem, if they will accept it, or they will tell me, it's not cowered by warranty, because there are not original parts.

Welcome to the forum!

Warranty (if there is one) shouldn't be an issue as the HDD and battery are customer replaceable units (CRU) and the UltraBase isn't required.  But...  Did you get cheated by the seller?  Have you checked to see if it is truly a new unit with the full warranty and not a refurb?

Message Edited by JaneL on 05-28-2009 07:53 AM

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

tricqster
Paper Tape
Views: 610
Message 3 of 3

Re: My Product description doesn't match (searching by Product number on Lenovo site)

Thank you.

How can I check this - if it's truly a new unit, not a refurbished one?

I checked my warranty on Lenovo site (Warranty status) by my serial number, and it said:

---

In warranty        2012-05-01        UNITED STATES

Description:
This product has a three year limited warranty and is entitled to EZServ/Depot service. Customers may call their local service center for more information. Dealers may provide carry-in repair for this product. Batteries have a one year warranty.

---

Karol

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors