Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bravekai
Paper Tape
Views: 2,098
Message 1 of 4

My brand new X200 9 cell battery receives"Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached"

Hi, I just bought a CTO X200 and I selected the 9 cell battery option. After I turned it up, the lenovo power manager pops up a sign says " Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How come? the battery has a huge "lenovo" on it and it is right out of the box!!!!does anyone else have the same problem? Is there a way to resolve this? thanks
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,054
Message 2 of 4

Re: My brand new X200 9 cell battery receives"Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached"

Given that your machine is new, i would call Lenovo and ask them to check it out on your behalf. 
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
LenaRR
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,020
Message 3 of 4

Re: My brand new X200 9 cell battery receives"Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached"

Same happened to me. I called tech support and upon reading the battery serial number to the technician it was established that I'd been shipped a battery that's NOT appropriate to the X200. Perhaps your X200 and mine were boxed on the same Monday morning by someone who'd had one too many drinks that weekend.

They'll ship you a new one, and it will work.

Best,

Lena

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 2,017
Message 4 of 4

Exactly let Lenovo verify you have the correct batteries. Please reinstall also the power manager to minimise the possibility of a software issue.
Top Kudoed Authors