Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

04-24-2015

United States of America

14 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 4

My new X1 Yoga 4th Gen and my router don't get along. YouTube uploads disconnect me.

2021-06-10, 13:08 PM

I just got a X1 Yoga 4th Gen, i7-10510U. It does most things fine, but for some reason, whenever I upload something to YouTube, it will start uploading and then stop immediately. When I go to any other website, my computer says there's no internet available. This persists through disconnecting and reconnecting to this router and restarting this computer. The only way to solve this is to restart the router. This does not happen on any of the computers that I have owned in my life, whether it be Windows 7, Windows 10, or Mac. I have no idea why this computer is doing this. Do you know what is happening?

Options

2046 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

140 Signins

10390 Page Views

• Views: 10390
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:My new X1 Yoga 4th Gen and my router don't get along. YouTube uploads disconnect me.

2021-06-10, 14:30 PM

Hello vistastructions,

Greetings

Kindly check if there are bandwidth restrictions set in Windows OS
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-bandwidth-limits-for-background-downloads-49c28a83-35c2-7f30-dfdc-802b4dd44e51

Also, check for software updates via support site.
Restart the machine and try again.
Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1014 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

414 Signins

5135 Page Views

• Views: 5135
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:My new X1 Yoga 4th Gen and my router don't get along. YouTube uploads disconnect me.

2021-06-10, 14:38 PM

Hello,

I have experienced a similar problem with my ISP modem, connections issues would clear up only after disconnecting the modem from the service wire and restarting it.  For my episode I have had the same service under the same speeds and so forth for many years.  My modem equipment had aged beyond the service providers support terms.  The issue was corrected by updating to a modern modem, modern (faster) connection speeds, and slightly lower cost per month for connection and bundled services.  All of these actions were with my ISP provider and unrelated to my new computer.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Options

2046 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

140 Signins

10390 Page Views

• Views: 10390
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-15, 20:01 PM

Hello vistastructions,

Have you tried our Guru's advise?
Hopefully everything is working fine now.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms