cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angrycommie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 159
Message 1 of 4

My on-going arduous adventures of Thinkpad quality...

Back in 2011 I bought a used T410, my first real Thinkpad. Loved it to bits. I wanted something more light to replace it, so I decided to get a brand new 6th gen Carbon. Ordered a customized one, and a few weeks later a received it. It was basically DOA, it kept hanging and freezing even during the initial setup screens. Ok, I guess things like this happens. A few more weeks later, I receive my replacement model. The keyboard felt a lot more mushier, but something I can live with. I continue going through the setups, install a few things, no freezing/hanging symptoms like the previous model. Great!

But I've noticed today it has the mouse problem where lighter taps on the left button does not register. I have the same problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqi6kc_G8uk

So I guess I need to RMA it a SECOND time. I hope my THIRD replacement will be good.

What a terrible experience all around. I am seriously thinking of ditching Lenovo.

Alto101
Punch Card
Views: 127
Message 2 of 4

Re: My on-going arduous adventures of Thinkpad quality...

Do you have on-site warranty?  I would highly  recommend it.  If you do, open a ticket and they should be there to fix it the next day or so.  Way better than shipping it back and waiting.

angrycommie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 105
Message 3 of 4

I just bought it. I would expect to get a fully WORKING unit before I use the warranty I bought.
Alto101
Punch Card
Views: 101
Message 4 of 4

Sadly, that isn't the case with mass produced goods anymore.  That  is why they have warranties though.  All brands have lemons these days.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors