cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george99
Punch Card
Views: 539
Message 11 of 16

Re: My review of X1 Carbon - Not very good...

I had the exact same issues with my T410. I just got used to it, and if you tell me that is the problem, I can live with it at this point. I think it is actually a windows issue.
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 530
Message 12 of 16

@george99 wrote:
I had the exact same issues with my T410. I just got used to it, and if you tell me that is the problem, I can live with it at this point. I think it is actually a windows issue.

It isn't purely a windows issue.  The W510 works great.  The W520 works when set to discrete.  No issues with the T420 and T420s.

So it is a combination of hardware and software, as usual.

george99
Punch Card
Views: 478
Message 13 of 16

It's amazing how every new model gets worse quality-wise.
I have pretty much had it. I hope Lenovo is reading this.
My first Thinkpad was the z61t which I think had the best build quality partly because of the titanium lid. Then I got a t61, then a t400, then a t410, and now an x1.
Each model progressively had worse quality than the previous one. Both physical build quality and software/drivers.

At least I can give them credit for good customer service. I just called to return my x1c, and they are refunding me in full with no restock fee. I ordered a retina macbook pro instead. I have never used a mac, but I only hear good things about it, so I'll give it a try.
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 474
Message 14 of 16

@george99 wrote:

At least I can give them credit for good customer service. I just called to return my x1c, and they are refunding me in full with no restock fee. I ordered a retina macbook pro instead. I have never used a mac, but I only hear good things about it, so I'll give it a try.

I have a 15" Retina MacBook Pro.  If you have questions, post over at http://forum.notebookreview.com/apple-mac-os-x/ and I'll see them. There are quite a few other forums for Apple users.  See http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1 for another one though I don't read it much.

Keep in mind the Apple zealots don't care for the n00b Windows questions so take their attitude with a grain of salt.

I run Windows 8 on my Mac via a VMWare Fusion virtual machine.  Apple still has not provided Windows 8 bootcamp support.  Windows 7 is no problem via bootcamp but I still prefer a sandboxed VM.

george99
Punch Card
Views: 460
Message 15 of 16

Cool thanks!

I'm sure I will have some questions.  2 things that drive me nuts that I haven't figured out with a mac are how do you right click, and how do you maximize a window.  I like all my windows maximized.

One other thing, now that I am getting ready to return my x1, I cannot get into rescue and recovery to restore it.  I can't even get into the bios.  I keep click the thinkvantage button when start up, but no luck.

george99
Punch Card
Views: 458
Message 16 of 16

Well, I just got the thinkvantage button working. I had to put a pin in the reset hole.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors