Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cupofdenial
What's DOS?
Views: 834
Message 121 of 136

Re: NEW Battery Tip - Applicable to some T, X, R models and batteries

Yet another X61s battery failure, part number: FRU : 92P1227 

The battery worked for more than 3 hours yesterday, and it suddenly stopped working.

How many more failure cases lenovo is waiting for to issue a recall?

what is the stats on this?

I am just waiting to see when my other battery with the same part number is going to fail.

BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 799
Message 122 of 136

I think that my Thinkpad x201 battery capacity might be experiencing issues. The capacity seems to have dropped significantly from the design capacity in the little time that I have owned the laptop. Seems to drop may every other charge cycle or something like that. I will post the specs later today. Just thought that I should mention it. Off the top of my head, the battery manufacturer was Sanyo according to the Power Manager. I will send details later today, when I get home. I have the BIG battery and not the small one. I have an i7-620M core as well. Sorry for the sketchy information, I do not have the laptop with me. Make sure you follow the battery recommendations.

BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 791
Message 123 of 136

As stated earlier, here are the stats. The second image is my old laptop.

I am the original owner of both laptops, and they both have the original battery that came with them.

Here is my new x201 laptop, and its stats for today.

Link to picture

Here is my old x60 laptop, and its stats for today.

Link to picture

So basically, my old laptop battery is near factory condition, and my new laptop battery just dropped 0.01Wh while I was looking at it today. Sanyo vs Sony. I think that I would have kicked in a few extra dollars if I could have gotten a Sony battery at this point.

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 773
Message 124 of 136

Since my last post, all I have done was web surf on my x201, and the battery temperature went up to 41C while charging. No videos and no games, I just have an external monitor connected. Is this normal?
BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 751
Message 125 of 136

I must not be reading this correctly. My full charge capacity went from 84.43 Wh to 84.36 Wh today within the span of a couple of hours running on battery. Am I missing something? The design capacity is 86.58 Wh. While charging today the battery temperature hit 42C. On battery now, it is 32C. When I first booted today, the full charge capacity was 84.44 Wh. A few minutes later while I was working on a previous post, it went down to 84.43 Wh before my very eyes.

Did I miss something? Whats going on?

BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 755
Message 126 of 136

Ok, I must be doing something wrong. Now the design capacity says 93.24 Wh, and my full charge capacity says 93.74 Wh. And no, I do not have that backwards. I just played around with a few of the power management settings, and all the numbers changed. I have no clue what I did to make that happen.
Epaminond
Serial Port
Views: 744
Message 127 of 136

Oh, it seems I have the same problem. Smiley Sad

Actually never expected such a thing from Lenovo.

BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 734
Message 128 of 136

The capacity is actually written on the battery. Mine says 94 WH. They must have rounded up.

nick0203
Paper Tape
Views: 702
Message 129 of 136

Yesterday, my X61 battery suddenly dead and the power manager said the battery can't be charged any more. But I have rarely use the battery. I used the laptop as my desktop replacement and I always keep my laptop plugged. I have only used 87 cycles!!!

I search for the reason on the internet. I found out my laptop battery 's FRU number was on the list of battery recall. However, the website said the recall program have expired!!!! HOW COME!! The battery was a defective product. The battery recall was supposed to replace the defective product that lenovo sold to us and Lenovo should responsible for it.

I have tried to call the customer services for repairing.At first, I explained the situation to him. However, when he found out my  warranty had expired, he was rude and absolutely not helping. He ignored everything that I said and hanged up my call!!

How can he do this to me? Although my warranty had expired, the battery recall program already represented there are defects in the battery and they should be responsible for it. I thought lenovo was a responsible company but I think I may be wrong about it. What should I do now? 

heretohelp
Token Ring
Views: 658
Message 130 of 136

Hi Nick0203,

You are correct 87 cycles is a very short time cycle count you would mostly expect it to last well into the hundreds of cycles say 3-400 some vary but 87 seems short.

Can you tell me when you purchased the laptop and how long it has been playing up is it just recently ?  Did it display any notifications previous to the battery expiring.. such as poor battery ? Or currently does it have any specific error messages "battery cannot charge due to irrepairable damage"  or related message...

The reason I ask is because there are 2 different battery recalls you remember the one you looked at that had the expire date?  Ok now go to this link you will see its slightly different run the tool a few times and post back the results.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=BATT-LENOVO#automati...

As for what your tech support experience you are correct they should not be ignoring everything you said or hangup on you sounds like you had a pretty ordinary operator that day.. Can you try ringing back ask for the operators name this time ask that even though your computer is not under warranty you are requesting through the forums to have your battery assessed for replacement give them the link I posted above if they question the validity of that request. Try to get a job referance number if you can get one Post this information and some notes on your conversation back on here.

Hope that helps you out a bit

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors