Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Relivy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,418
Message 1 of 4

NEW X1 Carbon: Touchpad quality and Screen Flicks when plug/unplug AC

I received my X1 Carbon yesterday and was satisfied with the overall performance and quality of the built.

However, after just a few hours of usage, the coating on the touchpad had faded away. The originally black touchpad turned a little bit white. The problem persisted even after I cleaned the touchpad.  

Below is a picture of the touchpad now:IMG-20130906-WA0003.jpg

In addition, whenever I plug / unplug the AC cord while using, the screen brightness bar popped out and the screen just went black for a second then resumed itself. I wonder if any other X1 Carbon user had this issue. 

I have the 3443 model with upgrade to 256 GB SSD running on window 7 pro, would it be a good idea to replace this model or every X1C is like mine ( with issues with AC cord plugging and bad quality touchpad ) ?

Any help would be appreciated! 

acn684
Paper Tape
Views: 1,339
Message 2 of 4

Re: NEW X1 Carbon: Touchpad quality and Screen Flicks when plug/unplug AC

Mine flicks off and on with A/C plug in too...i thought this was normal.
tioserio
Paper Tape
Views: 1,258
Message 3 of 4

The screen flicks because it changes between 60Hz when its in AC and 50Hz when is in battery.

Change the refresh rate when AC to 50Hz or disable the change refresh rate to 50Hz when on battery setting.

Chemengineer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 322
Message 4 of 4

Hi any update about your touchpad. My t440p has got a shiny orb in the middle where the coating polished off by use. I am surprised it happened in 2 months of use

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors