cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deaconvex
Paper Tape
Views: 570
Message 1 of 3

Need help with a part number (Thinkpad x230)

Hello, 

I have some laptops missing the strip of plastic above the camera.  I cannot seem to find a part number for this piece anywhere, including the HMM.  Any information you need I will do my best to provide.  Thank you.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 566
Message 2 of 3

Re: Need help with a part number (Thinkpad x230)

Good afternoon.

Welcome to the community.

I looked through the HMM also, to see if there was any notation for the part you describe and found none either. In my previous experience, those types of parts may be included in a package called System Miscellaneous Parts Kit. Looking at the X230 FRU Parts List, page 3 shows such an item (FRU P/N 04W1418), but I have no way of knowing what's included in it.

Checking the FRU P/N on the Maintenance Parts Site, shows the kit is available for $19.50 + shipping, if you feel like taking a chance on it. Hopefully, another member will weigh in with additional details.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edit: typo.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Deaconvex
Paper Tape
Views: 560
Message 3 of 3

Re: Need help with a part number (Thinkpad x230)

Thanks for the assistance.  I'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone knows if that's it or not, but I never noticed that before in the HMM.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors