Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gallilaw
Not applicable
Views: 526
Message 1 of 5

Need motherboard FRUs to fit x230 - fast

Have bought several Thinkpads over the years. My x230 is the only lemon. The original system board failed; the board that was replaced under warranty failed; and now that the warranty has expired the second replacement board has failed. So I am done sending the machine to Service and need to get another motherboard from the market.

The Hardware Maintenance Manual does not provide FRUs for x230 system boards. I have tried vendor website search funtions but they were no help.

Please let me know the FRUs of motherboards to fit:

ThinkPad X230 laptop (not tablet)

Serial Number R9*****

Machine Type Model 2306CTO

Also recommend a good supplier if you can.

Thanks!

Prabhansh
Not applicable
Views: 515
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need motherboard FRUs to fit x230 - fast

Hi gallilaw,

Warm Greetings & welcome to Lenovo Community, happy to have you here.

As I understand that you have query regarding Systemboard FRU for ThinkPad X230 

FRU- 04X4531 from this & this you can purchase & also avoid posting System Serial number here 

Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Regards,
Prabhansh

Views: 504
Message 3 of 5

gallilaw,

purchase any systemboard you want and can find with FRU from the list below
https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/x230_fru_bom_20150303.pdf

Just ignore FRUs with ULV CPUs as your original system is equipped with normal voltage CPU and appropriate cooling system.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

gallilaw
Not applicable
Views: 477
Message 4 of 5

Thank you VERY much for your quick reply to my post.

I visited the two links you provided. Each page references the FRU as Lenovo Thinkpad 04x4531, but one indicates it is for the x230T and the other does not reference the "T"  Can I assume that the the 04x4531 fits both the x230 and the x230T or might there be some issue that I am not aware of?

Thanks again.

x220forme
Not applicable
Views: 475
Message 5 of 5

04x4531 is for x230 (NOT tablet) only. The systemboards for x230 and x230t aren't compatible. Do not trust 3rd party stores, their parts descriptions, statements.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors