Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyp
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 1 of 2

New Carbon dead now only within one week of receving

I got my new X1 Carbon 2 on 10/30/2014. Right after I finished the initial setup process, it crashed when I tried watching a video on Youtube. It at least crashed several times a day even if I only used it 2-3 hours a day and did nothing. I only installed 2 software, one firewall, one anti-virus. Last time it crashed and restarted automatically then crashed again in one minute. So I tried doing system recovery to the factory setting. It said the recovery process was successful. But when rebooting, it just couldn't find the boot file. Then I tried entering the BIOS setup, it crashed again before I could do anything.

I think the [ mod edit] is dead now, and I'm trying to return the [mod edit]. But I really like the style of Carbon. I don't know if the problem I have is a common one. I'm thinking of getting a MAC air, but I really don't like the apple style.

The first TP I got is T61, which has the common video card issue of T61. The video card is finnally dead now after 6 years. The second one is W530, It's doing fine for 2 years with 0 crash.

So, 2/3 of the TPs I bought have criticle defect. Could I trust TP any more?

Moderator comment: Coarse language removed.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 142
Message 2 of 2

Re: New Carbon dead now only within one week of receving

Hi jyp,

Welcome.

I'm sorry to read about your problem. I've had  an X1 Carbon Gen 2 for about 8 months and am very happy with it. I am using the resident Windows Firewall and Defender Anti-Virus.  You mentioned: " I only installed 2 software, one firewall, one anti-virus." Could it be that one or more of what you installed caused a conflict? Have you tried removing your installations, trying the YouTube video again, as well as others, to see if there is a crash? 

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors