Options

2 Posts

07-26-2019

US

4 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 1 of 2

New Lenovo X1 Extreme - EXTREMEly slow out of the box! + Windows 10 Pro Setup (OOBE) Errors

2019-07-26, 1:29 AM

Some places I have checked:

"Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Business Laptop 20MF000DUS 15.6" 4K/UHD touch screen, Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti, 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, Windows 10 Pro"

--------------

I just purchased a new X1 Extreme, it has a 1 TB SSD, so I assumed that Windows setup would be a breeze, right? Just a moment... Wrong.

Right out of the box it was terribly slow. I could enter my language and location just fine, but when it got to network and account is when it slowed down, and you'd think my computer was 20 years old with how long the "Just a moment..." would stay on screen after trying to sign in. After a certain timeout, windows will present the error: "OOBEIDPS" jump to setting up an offline account. When I get this far, I reboot the computer, and try again, because the "Just a moment" screens persist on offline account. 

Only once, I managed to get to face ID recognition, after signing in and things were going well, but once it scanned my face, I sat waiting endlessly while it told me "Just a moment..." This is not the standard of quality I expect from a $2500 computer. No one should have to spend 2 hours attempting to set up windows. 

I suppose if I wanted to skip a lot of the setup, I might eventually get setup complete, but I'm wondering, is this PC even worth keeping?

Sure, things might work once I get there, but I'm afraid it won't be running at its potential. Might there be some kind of damage? Although, nothing seemed out of the ordinary coming out of the package. Should I just brute force this even more?

Any help is much appreciated.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

07-26-2019

US

4 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New Lenovo X1 Extreme - EXTREMEly slow out of the box! + Windows 10 Pro Setup (OOBE) Errors

2019-07-27, 18:06 PM
I managed to force my way through it. Don't know why it did that. Serious disappointment. Seems to work ok now and im going to continue monitoring

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save