Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tldoxmf87
Punch Card
Views: 17,910
Message 1 of 6

New X1 Carbon Adaptive Keyboard strip not switching

I have a X1 Carbon Touch (Machine Type 20A7).

It came with Windows 8.1 Pro but I flahsed my company image (Windows 7 x64 Enterprise) onto it.

Everything works fine and I installed all drivers but the adaptive keyboard strip stays at F1 F2 .. keys and does not change no matter what. Pressing the Fn key does not switch it. I installed the On screen display and have the Adaptive Keyboard show in Control Panel and Dynamic Mode is also on. 

The camera icon only flashes the screen once and does nothing. The Wifi icon does nothing and the Gear icon does nothing as well. Only the keyboard light icon and the regular F1 F2 keys work fine.. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

I noticed something funny.. While starting up or before logging into Windows (at Windows lock screen) I'm able to switch the adaptive keyboard strip... But once I'm logged into Windows it suddenly stops working. if I lock the screen again I'm able to switch the adaptive keyboard strips again...  What's going on?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 17,829
Message 2 of 6

Re: New X1 Carbon Adaptive Keyboard strip not switching

When I have seen this in the past it is caused by not having the proper Power Management driver in the OS image.

20A7 uses a new version of Power Management driver and if your IT guys didn't update the company Win7 image to include the new driver, then it's not going to work.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032258

tldoxmf87
Punch Card
Views: 17,805
Message 3 of 6

Wow. Thanks so much. That fixed it. There were two drivers for the 20A7 Power manager and I had the non-Lenovo one installed but never thought it could be due to not having the other (lenovo) power manager driver. Thanks so much!!!

sevillapower
Paper Tape
Views: 14,575
Message 4 of 6

Hi Guys

I can see the F1 F2 ....

but no response after presing them, the FN does't response either, so no back light, wireless swithching.....

I did install the power managment driver avobe and same result, they use to work before.

Any ideas, also is there any other way to turn on the keyboard key light with out using the icon in the adaptive keys strip?

Thanks very much

sevillapower

cpoppenger
Paper Tape
Views: 14,348
Message 5 of 6

I'm having the exact same issue.  After installing the new power management driver, the keyboard is now working but stuck on F key's, and not switching when I go into my browser, etc.  

hassan_hamdani
Paper Tape
Views: 1,708
Message 6 of 6

I am having the same issue but in my case still my FN key is not responding even after installing the power management driver.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors