cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilan80
Not applicable
Views: 2,494
Message 1 of 21

New X1 Carbon touch 20A7 bluetooth issues (Lag and disconnecting and maybe more)

Hello all,

I recently received my new X1 carbon touch and am satisfied with most of it and the capabilities it has. 

At office, I connect my laptop to a larger screen and bluetooth keyboard and mouse for better control and better work experience. I use Logitech laser MX that I have since long time ago, at home I use a smaller logitech bluetooth mouse as well.

I'm experiencing lags, after using the mouse (and keyboard) for few seconds, If I give it few seocnds I can work again for a minute or two, but for the long run it's really inconvenient. Sometimes the mouse will disconnect after couple of minutes and will not return to work until the computer will sleep and wake up again. 

I do not like to spend a free USB port for another keyboard since there are only 2 now.

Please help!

Ilan

hemanth_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 2,450
Message 2 of 21

Re: New X1 Carbon touch 20A7 bluetooth issues (Lag and disconnecting and maybe more)

Hi Llan,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear that Bluetooth in your Lenovo ThinkPad X1 carbon is frequently getting disconnected.

Try unchecking "Allowing the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager->Bluetooth Radios->ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate->Properties->Power Management.

Try checking with replacing the new battery in the keyboard and mouse.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

leveilleur
Not applicable
Views: 2,346
Message 3 of 21

Re: New X1 Carbon touch 20A7 bluetooth issues (Lag and disconnecting and maybe more)

I've got the exact same problem with my new X1 Carbon Touch 20A7. Bluetooth lags, disconnections....

Changing the power management setting didn't change anything.

Windows and Drivers are up to date.... I'm currently using a Bluetooth USB dongle... which is amazing for a laptop of that price.

hemanth_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 2,342
Message 4 of 21

Hi Leveilleur,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Could you try reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers?

If you have any difficulty in finding the drivers, please share the MTM number of your device so that I can assist you with the drivers.

Hope this helps!

Best regards

Hemanth Kumar.B

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

leveilleur
Not applicable
Views: 2,339
Message 5 of 21

Hi Hemanth,

TYPE 20A7-005RMB

S/N xxxxxxxxx

14/04

Is it the information that you need ?

Thx

Moderator Note; s/n edited to prevent possible abuse

hemanth_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 2,318
Message 6 of 21

Hi Leveilleur,

Thank you for the reply!

Please download the below Bluetooth drivers for respected OS. Uninstall the existing driver restart the machine and install the downloaded drivers and let us know the findings.

Windows 7, Windows 8

Hope to hear back soon!

Best regards

Hemanth Kumar.B

Ilan80
Not applicable
Views: 2,314
Message 7 of 21

Dear Hemanth,

Will it work for my machine as well?:

Type: 20A7-0037US

S/N: *

Thanks,

Ilan

Moderator edit by bananaman: Masked serial number to prevent mischief.

hemanth_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 2,306
Message 8 of 21

Hi Llan,

Yes, you can check with updating the above provided drivers, it is having same version for both the MTM number. Please let us know the findings after updating the drivers.

Hope to hear back soon!

Best regards

Hemanth Kumar.B

leveilleur
Not applicable
Views: 2,293
Message 9 of 21

2014-08-19_19-51-40.png

I unsinstalled the driver, reboot, reinstall it, but the version number doesn't match with the one on the link you gave me.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Update 1.

Thx

Christopher

hemanth_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 2,274
Message 10 of 21

Hi Christopher,

The driver version is showing correctly, you can check with the below link for further clarification. There is different between package version and the driver version. Please let us know if the issue still persisting in your system.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/grwu10ww.txt

Hope to hear back soon!

Best regards

Hemanth Kumar.B

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors