Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-05-2015

United States of America

12 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 2

New X1E Gen 3 IR Camera Stuck On

2020-12-08, 2:14 AM

I just received my X1E gen 3 (20TK001HUS) and noticed in the initial setup that the camera light stayed on from the time I set up Windows Hello until the system rebooted after the initial setup. 

When it came back up, the light popped on at the login screen, and never went off.

After installing all of the updates from Vantage and Windows, I saw that the light was staying on constantly -- even when rebooting. The only thing that made it turn off was powering down the system completely. 

Then I realized not only was the camera on, but it wasn't accessible. Opening Zoom and a webcam test page produced nothing but black. So I did a full restore, skipped Windows Hello during setup, and had the camera working. But as soon as I went to set up Windows Hello, the picture was extremely grainy (think late 90's webcams), didn't attempt to do facial recognition, and didn't turn off when I cancelled out. 

So, this looks to be a problem specific to the IR camera. I checked the support page to see if there were any firmware updates for the camera, but only came up with drivers. And, installing nothing but the drivers after a system restore didn't resolve the problem. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really hate to have to have a tech come out and crack open a brand new system under my support contract. 

Options

43 Posts

08-20-2015

Japan

249 Signins

2855 Page Views

• Views: 2855
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:New X1E Gen 3 IR Camera Stuck On

2020-12-22, 2:41 AM

Hi, knicholls

Sorry for hearing the IR camera issue.

Can you take a screenshot of Hardware Ids in Integrated Camera Prperties?

Please open Device Manager (Win + X then hit M)  -> Cameras -> Integrated Cameras -> Properties -> Details -> Property -> Hardware Ids

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms