Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pck1
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 1 of 2

New X61/X6 Ultrabase and Questions?

I just received a new x61. If anyone has answers to a couple questions, I'd appreciate it.

1) should I have received rescue and recovery disks with it?  A friend received a set with his (purchased several months before mine);

2) why does the volume level displayed on screen in green always show a level about half that shown on the speaker on the system tray?  Is that normal?;

3) If i plug headphones into the laptop the sound is crystal clear but if I plug the same headphones into the X6 ultrabase jack there is a background static noise.  Is there a problem with the ultrabase or is that jack simply subject to interference cause of its location?  I sure hope its not the latter.

Thanks.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 806
Message 2 of 2

Re: New X61/X6 Ultrabase and Questions?

1) No, you shouldn't you have to make your own copy from thinkvantage system, your friend's one is probably the XP downgrade disc, just in case he don't want the Vista that is installed on his system.

2)The green volume level depending on whether its in XP or Vista seem to either directly control the toolbar volume level and not.

3) The static noise unsure???

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors