cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamGuy459
Serial Port
Views: 633
Message 1 of 3

New and improved panels (display) for the Tx20 and Wx20 series or just the X220 series?

Lenovo surly impressed us with the specifications with their new Lenovo ThinkPad X220-series notebook, not only does it feature great performance and battery life but suddenly they've gone away from the rather sluggish TN-panels they've been using for the past few years and given us a high-quality IPS option for those whom care about display quality.

Now the million dollar question is whether they'll do something about the display panel quality on their other ThinkPad line-ups or is just something happening on the X220 series? Personally the ThinkPad T420s is more appealing than the ThinkPad X220 simply because of the size being somewhat too small for my use, id like to opt for the T420s instead because that assures me more space for my hands to rest, a not too small screen along with a few other things.

I wasn't really planning on going ThinkPad this year because the display quality of my ThinkPad T400s and ThinkPad W510 has been a complete joke. Whereas the 1920x1080 panel on the W510 is doing okay it's still a rather low-contrast panel without barley anything impressive about it and when it comes to the display quality of the T400s it's downright disappointing with it's low-contrast, limited viewing angle screen.

So when I had finally decided to look elsewhere Lenovo drops the X220 with good hardware, battery life and most importantly a IPS panel option I was happily surprised and considering I love everything about the ThinkPad series besides the sluggish speakers and display quality I'm ready too pick up yet another ThinkPad series notebook if Lenovo finally offers some improved quality on their display offerings.

But would it be too much to hope for seeing improvements in regards of the display on the T and W series as well or do you think this is a X220 series only thing? And I guess we wont see anything higher resolution than 1366x768 which even though it's IPS quality is somewhat low resolution when I'm used to 1920x1080 on my W510 for instance.

halobox
Punch Card
Views: 598
Message 2 of 3

Re: New and improved panels (display) for the Tx20 and Wx20 series or just the X220 series?

Nope. Not happening.

RamGuy459
Serial Port
Views: 530
Message 3 of 3

Re: New and improved panels (display) for the Tx20 and Wx20 series or just the X220 series?

I figured IPS is not going to happen this year, but as the new T420 and T420s is 16:9 compared to last years T410 and T410s and the T400 and T400s before that 16:10 screens there must be some new panels coming this time around?

Lets just hope it's not the same low contrast TN-panels like before as there is no doubt that you can get TN-panels that are way better than what Lenovo has been using for the past years.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors