Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 6 (4,098 Views)

Nex X61 Resumes from Hibernate Unexpectedly

My new X61 resumes from Hibernate without any intervention from me at completely unexpected times.  Sometimes it will stay in Hibernate for several hours, other times just for a few seconds.  I've only noticed the resume when the computer is docked to an Ultrabase and connected to AC power.

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding how to keep the computer in Hibernate until I want it to resume?

Thanks in Advance
X61 - Type: 7675-CTO
Token Ring
Message 2 of 6 (4,095 Views)

Re: Nex X61 Resumes from Hibernate Unexpectedly

If you have a webcam, switch that off whenever you are not using it.
Also check that WakeOnLan is switched off in the BIOS.
Retired Moderator
Message 3 of 6 (4,090 Views)

Are you certain you mean hibernate and not standby Deans? Hibernate is when you save the OS state and all of your open applications and files to the HD and the machine then shuts down completely.

In standby your system's state is saved to memory and then the laptop goes into a sleep state. It can be awakened from this sleep state by several things, including a depleted battery.

It's nigh unto impossible for a laptop to wake itself from hibernate absent receiving a machine specific "magic packet" via ethernet.

Regards,

James
Regards,

James
Message 4 of 6 (4,082 Views)

Hi James-

I am absolutely certain that I put my X61 into hibernate.  That's why I was so surprised that it was able to resume without any action on my part.  I'll try changing the BIOS setting as suggested by the earlier poster when I get a few minutes.

Thanks,

deans
X61 - Type: 7675-CTO
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 6 (3,986 Views)

I have a new T61p and exactly the same problem.  My latop was even restarting nearly emdiately when docked and connected to lan. In the properties of the lan connection you can diable the checkbox allow this device to wakeup my system in the power tab.

This solved the emidiate wakeup problem but not the random wakeup. I cannot tell you when the system is waking up because it was always in the night so far.

Wakeup is also diabled in the bios by the way
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6 (3,135 Views)

I have the same behaviour with my X61s.

Even log shows:

The system has resumed from sleep.

Sleep Time: 27/07/2008 19:47:50
Wake Time: 27/07/2008 21:08:07

Wake Source: Unknown

--------

Wake on LAN is disabled, when AC connected and with battery, Vista SP1, no network cable connected (only wireless), only Logitech Nano mouse dongle connected via USB but mouse is powered off.

Strange that this can happen from Hibernation - very worried about the waking up when in my bag situation, recipe for diaster (heat in bag).

Any help would be great.

Top kudoed Authors