Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gstow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,153
Message 1 of 4

No Caps lock indicator (x121e) after installing windows 8

I've installed ver5 of the thinkvantage software update but it doesn't show any driveres to install (other than the finger print scaniner)

I've tried installing the HotKeys software but it gave me a warning about compatability, I went ahead and installed it but it doesn't seem to have done much, I can't figure out how to open it up (if it needs configuration or anything) still getting used to windows 8 so maybe i'm missing something.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved,

Many thanks,

Graeme.

ozaz
Serial Port
Views: 1,116
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Caps lock indicator (x121e) after installing windows 8

I also have this problem on x220 and additionally, none of the fn hotkeys seem to work.

I have not tried installing the Windows 7 hotkeys utility. Based on the above message, I assume it won't work.

Has anyone got the hotkeys and caps lock / num lock display indicator working in Windows 8?

gstow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,092
Message 3 of 4

My function keys seem fine, I'm not sure if they were before, I update the hotkeys to the windows 8 version but the x121e wasn't listed as a supported and it hasn't fixed the caps/num lock issue.

G.

DanCh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,018
Message 4 of 4

how about installing free third party software "Keyboard LEDs" version 2.7.1.59 from keyboard-leds.com for CapsLock indication etc on the screen

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors