Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hayaf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,186
Message 1 of 4

No diagnostics available in Rescue and Recovery partition

Hello,

So I just received my X300 in the mail I am trying to determine wether it has a fault or if the software on the Rescue and Recovery partition for this model is different than most. I have run all available updates through the ThinkVantage System Update application and version 4.2 of Rescue and Recovery is what is installed. When I boot R&R from the ThinkVantage button at startup the workspace loads normally. However, when I get passed the simple interface there is nothing listed under the "Diagnostic" section. There is a link for "Diagnostic Overview" which opens a window providing information that seems to indicate I should be able to load the PC-Doctor for DOS program from the R&R menu but this option does not seem to exist. My ThinkPad is configured without an optical drive so I cannot boot the stand-alone PC-Doctor for DOS image that is available for download. Mostly I'm just trying to understand how I would troubleshoot the hardware on this computer in the event that the primary OS will not boot, I am not currently experiencing an issue.

Thanks in advance for any help / clarification. 

mailxiaodan
802.11n
Views: 1,163
Message 2 of 4

Re: No diagnostics available in Rescue and Recovery partition

Find PC-Doctor for Windows, which probably is included in your start menu. You can do "check system health" from there.
hayaf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,158
Message 3 of 4

True... However, this would be of no use to me in the event that I could not boot Windows. The X300 Service and Troubleshooting Guide states that diagnosing problems using PC-Doctor from the service partition may not be available on SSD models. So, I'll amend my question:

Has anybody successfully used the PC-Doctor for DOS image on a flash drive? If so, how do I go about creating a bootable diagnostic partition on a drive and how large a drive should I get?

Sorry if this question seems a bit novice, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the 1% of the time when an optical drive really seems necessary.

colinwen
Paper Tape
Views: 442
Message 4 of 4

I got the same problem.

I want to run hardware diagnostic before boot the windows to test the hardware.

But there is no hardware diagnostic.

I have tried to download the diagnostic boot USB/CD software, but it can only test the memory and harddrive.

I want to test my CPU, but it show some thing weird in blue screen.

Any one can help??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors