Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icanfly
Paper Tape
Views: 384
Message 1 of 1

No option to use fingerprint at windows 8.1 Login

Ok so I see many posts about issues with Fingerpint reading in 8.1 Pro x64 but none of them are helping me.

Got an X1 Carbon Type 20BS which uses a Synaptics fingerprint. I can register fingerprints and tell WIndows to allow fingerprints for logging in but no matter what I try, at the login screen there is no option to login with fingerprint

I jjust got this laptop for work logging onto a domain and the settings in Local Group Policy Editor etc including allow use Fingerprint to login to a domain were already enabled and I am setup with local admin rights

At first I registered fingerprints with the Lenovo Manager but since found out Windows 8.1 has built on fingerprint management so I deleted all fingeprints with the Lenovo Manager and went to PC settings, Accounts and added fingerprints there for login. Still nothing.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Lenovo fingerprint manager, adding 2 lots of registry settings to Windows -> Policies and Windows -> WInbio nothing works!! So obviously no issues with drivers and hardware WIndows just wont start the fingerprint sensor at login. Some times I actually saw the light come on before I hit the login screen but then it goes out.

Also has a look at services, Windows Biometrics is set to Auto Start, Credential Manager set to Manual but running.. So I am out of ideas here.. Is there anything else I could be missing set up to disable fingerprint login? Right now I am just logged onto the machine outside my network but even when I was at work and on the LAN still nothing.. Anyone that can help be much appreciated

We used to have HP Laptops on Windows 7 and even then I could use fingerprint to login to the VPN Connection (Aventail) not even that works on 8.1 and Lenovo.

Cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors