Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
just_joeking
Fanfold Paper
Views: 285
Message 1 of 3

Not able to Bitlock X270 with NVME ssd

I never had problems imaging Lenovo Laptops, so we got a X270 as a demo and i put Windows 10 Enterprise on there, enabled the chip in bios and it is using TPM 2.0 which is the only difference compared to T550, T450 and P50 i had image. Whenever i try to start bitlocking (encrypting the drive) i'll put in a pin number, recovery is stored in Active Directory but as soon as it restarts I get the following error:

"The BitLocker Encryption key cannot be obtained. Verify that the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is enabled and ownership has been taken. If this computer does not have a TPM, verify that the USB drive is inserted and available. C: was not encrypted"

I can't think of anything else to fix this. Since this is a 30 day demo trial, we might as well send it back. We have NVME for HPS which I am able to put our image on and bitlock with no issues. I can't believe I don't see much online about this. I can't be the only one. Any suggestions much appreciate it.

just_joeking
Fanfold Paper
Views: 263
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not able to Bitlock X270 with NVME ssd

Thinking of re-imaging using a Fat 32 and be sure bios boot is in legacy only since NVME ssds rely on legacy boot. Maybe that is why bitlocker encryption is having issues.
just_joeking
Fanfold Paper
Views: 210
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not able to Bitlock X270 with NVME ssd

That didnt work, must be the mother board with TPM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors