Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnmnmmnnmnmn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,552
Message 1 of 6

OS restore

Anyone knows how to restore the factury defualt xp for my x61? I was trying to use Vantage, but there's no backup file, how can i restore to the original copy which is hidden in my hard drive?

thanks
mnmnmmnnmnmn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,551
Message 2 of 6

Re: OS restore

by the way, i do not have the ultra base, so i cannot use a CD rom. I read through a couple of past threads, but didnt find any useful information. hopefully somebody can help. thanks again.
mnmnmmnnmnmn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,549
Message 3 of 6

im doing a little bit research now and just found bloo's post. and Im updating my TVSU now, hopefully the factury restore option will pop up. I'll be back and post the result.
mnmnmmnnmnmn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,543
Message 4 of 6

im installing the update packages that I just downloaded. it's been over 45 minutes already. looks like it takes really long... mainly for the BIOS update. not sure if it's necessary but it's the first on the update list... so might as well.

Message Edited by mnmnmmnnmnmn on 04-18-2008 01:32 PM
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,540
Message 5 of 6

mnmnmmnnmnmn, welcome to the forum,

If you want to restore, you do not need to download and install the updates. What bloo meant was is that you only have to update TVSU

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

mnmnmmnnmnmn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,531
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Andy,

Finally I got it done just now. I updated my TVSU, and got the latest version of R&R.

But it still doesnt show when I was in Windows. So pressed the blue button when I reboot the computer, and went into the program, the "recovering to factory settings" are there. And there's also "custom recovering" which i really like, cuz i can ignore lots programs that I dont need.

Good luck everybody

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors