Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HaoyeT
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 1 of 4

One of the USB port doesn't work ThinkPad X1 Extreme while the other one does

In addition, BIOS can't detect flash drive plugged in that port.

Please help!

HaoyeT
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 2 of 4

Re: One of the USB port doesn't work ThinkPad X1 Extreme while the other one does

Lenovo Solution Center and Lenovo Vantage both gave a completely normal result in hardware tests including the motherboard and USB. Apparently, the broken port is not powered because when I plugged in my portable drive, it doesn't light up. Could this be a motherboard issue? Should I send it back to repair?
n3mesi5
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 3 of 4

Re: One of the USB port doesn't work ThinkPad X1 Extreme while the other one does

OP, was there any resolution on this issue? I am facing the same issue, one of my USB ports is suddenly not working, while the other one is. I can hear the Windows USB plug in sound, but it doesn't detect anything I plug in on that port (mouse reciever, DAC, hard disks).

mnylen
Punch Card
Views: 49
Message 4 of 4

@n3mesi5 - you likely need to get it repaired. The side USB connectors on this machine are actually detachable parts that are just (loosely) connected to the motherboard. One of them might have gotten loose for you, or could be broken too.

The part in question is the number 8 in the figure shown on page 50 here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x1p1_x1_extreme_hmm_en.pdf

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors