Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sziehr
Paper Tape
Views: 2,949
Message 1 of 5

OneLink+ Dock Driver vs OneLink All Dock driver

Anybody know of a difference here???

we bought Carbon X1 Gen4's, come preinstalled with "ThinkPad OneLink Plus Dock" (v1.10.11) appearing in Programs and Features. 

The OneLink+ dock connects, recognizes all the hardware and all ports work (video, ethernet, USB).  

If I install our company image and then download drivers from here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100252

I see "ThinkPad OneLink All Dock" (v1.10.16) appearing in Programs and Features.  I can get video and audio through the dock but Ethernet and USB are unrecognized, no new devices in Device Manager.  

I cannot find a v1.10.11 version of the OneLink+ driver and feel like this might be my problem.  I was wondering if anyone had seen a similar problem or if I'm barking up the wrong tree.  

BTW, Lenovo tech support wants send me a replacement system, blaming the motherboard but I am less then confident in their troubleshooting methodology!

Thanks!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,893
Message 2 of 5

Re: OneLink+ Dock Driver vs OneLink All Dock driver

Hi sziehr, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

OneLink+ Dock driver 1.10.16 here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100252

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
sziehr
Paper Tape
Views: 2,889
Message 3 of 5

thanks bananaman but that's the link i had in my post.  That installer, 11016 is for ALL OneLink docks, not just OneLink+.  The preloaded image from Lenovo has v11011 and it shows as OneLink Plus Dock as opposed to OneLink All Dock.  

Preloaded Lenovo image works fine with the OneLink+ dock.

My corporate image with Onelink All Dock v11016 installed after imaging, has issues with the Onelink+ dock.  Video works but no ethernet and no usb.  The devices don't appear in Device Manager.

Is anyone else having issues with 11016 installed after reimaging their Carbon X1 G4 with a corporate image?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,883
Message 4 of 5

Oops .Then try this: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds111779 "Fixed an issue where the USB-Ethernet device in Onelink+ dock was unstable while attaching the dock."

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
sziehr
Paper Tape
Views: 2,881
Message 5 of 5

Once again, thanks for the effort but this system is fully updated as far as System Update is concerned (including BIOS).  I did verify that v4.0.6.60 is the driver version installed for the USB devices.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors