Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkey_boy
Punch Card
Views: 6,172
Message 1 of 7

Onscreen display not working for Caps Lock or Number Lock

i recently encountered a small problem with the onscreen display when trying to turning some functions on and off. i've noticed that when i tried to turn caps on, it does not display the "Caps On" on the lower right bottom of the screen. i just want to know if anyone have encountered this problem or could solve it. as an obseravation, i noticed that the display disappeared ever since i install word 2003. thank you.
Thinkpad X61: 7675-CTO, T7500 NV, 1GB RAM, 120 HDD, 1GB Turbo Memory, VIsta Business
Bengan
Paper Tape
Views: 6,024
Message 2 of 7

Re: Onscreen display not working for Caps Lock or Number Lock

Hi !

Same for me, but LED is ok for me.

Thinkpad X41: P M 778(1.6GHz), 1GB RAM, 60GB HD, Intel 900, Intel 802.11abg wireless, Bluetooth/Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, Secure chip, Fingerprint reader,
X4 UltraBase + CDRW/DVD, WinXP Pro
kajima
Paper Tape
Views: 5,752
Message 3 of 7

so do i!
i have asked some smart guys to solve this, but have not found yet.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 5,744
Message 4 of 7

The on screen display is part of the HotKey driver. The latest version can be found here, it may require uninstalling the current version which should happen automatically during the install process. (New start required inbetween)

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

kajima
Paper Tape
Views: 5,732
Message 5 of 7

i try to uninst and reinst the hotkey driver, but it still doesn't work. other features work, and just except the capslk on-screen prompt!
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,718
Message 6 of 7

Hi kajima.

I'm not absolutely sure what is going on here, but the first thing I will mention is that I have NEVER seen an on-screen indicator for caps lock or num lock on a ThinkPad. Maybe I'm just unlucky Smiley Sad! By on-screen indicator I mean a green word or symbol which momentarily overlays whatever is being displayed on the LCD by Windows. I DO see on-screen indicators for many other things, such as volume, brightness, mute, etc.

The little green caps lock and num lock led indicators under the screen always work.

You mention Microsoft Word 2003. In Word 2007 there is a status bar setting (right click on it) which will display caps lock in the status bar at the bottom of Word windows. There is no such setting in Windows 2003, which you say you just installed. Did you downgrade from Word 2007?
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
kajima
Paper Tape
Views: 5,685
Message 7 of 7

hi bananamanSmiley Happy
so i am confused. i indeed noticed that when i first finished installing the osd driver, i had seen the capslk notice on the screen with a thinkpad "Fn" symbol, so i think the issue is related with the softwares or drivers installed after then.
by the way, i don't confirm if you could understand my meanings above, you c my english is not good enought.
thanks for your attention.Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors