cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedro1996
What's DOS?
Views: 567
Message 1 of 2

Original Thinkpad X1 Cracked Glass - Where to buy a replacement LCD?

I have a Thinkpad X1 that started with a hairline crack in the glass, which then spread to the entire screen.   I sent it to Lenovo after being told it was covered under warranty, and was then quoted $750 for the repair. Obviously I'm having it sent back.  I would have no problem replacing the screen myself, but I can't find it anywhere. The actual LCD underneath the glass is undamaged, but it appears that the LCD/Glass comes as one part,  and cannot be purchased separately. Lenovo lists the part (LCD Assembly) as 04W1768, which turns up very few results in a google search. .Lenovo does list it for sale for $450 or so, but it's out of stock. The rest of the online stores I've found just list an X1 13.3" screen (Not the part number) and show a stock picture and can't verify whether the glass is included. 

Does anyone know where to find a replacement screen, or have any experience with this issue on an X1? I've spent hours searching, and this is the most difficult to find PC part I've ever encountered!

Thanks,

Peter

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 514
Message 2 of 2

Re: Original Thinkpad X1 Cracked Glass - Where to buy a replacement LCD?

Why isn't the Corning Gorilla Glass covered under warranty?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors