Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOJ
Paper Tape
Views: 13,598
Message 1 of 18

PIN and Fingerprint Sign-in options unavailable (greyed out) in Windows - X270

I had x270 with windows 10 64 bit,  The fingerprint sign-in option greyed out and can't enroll fingure.

I had tried with below option in registry but no luck, can I one guide me on this issue.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 13,554
Message 2 of 18

Re: PIN and Fingerprint Sign-in options unavailable (greyed out) in Windows - X270

Do you have a windows password set?

Are you able to set a PIN?

Please post a screenshot of the screen where the fingerprint sign-in button is greyed out.

lucadr
Paper Tape
Views: 13,537
Message 3 of 18

Re: PIN and Fingerprint Sign-in options unavailable (greyed out) in Windows - X270

Hi, you can see screenshot of sign-in options in attachment, fingerprint is not available anymore on Windows Hello. I've opened a ticket some time ago and Lenovo said that there is no driver problem on Lenovo side but it's up to Windows latest update (FCU?). Please confirm if this is right and when we're going to have a solution.

thank you very  much

best regards

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 13,531
Message 4 of 18

lucadr,

In your screenshot, the fingerprint option is completely missing, not greyed out.  It means you either your fingerprint device is not working, or else the driver is not installed.

Please check in Device Manager.  Is there a "Biometrics Devices" category, and a working "Synaptics WBDI" device in it?  

lucadr
Paper Tape
Views: 13,518
Message 5 of 18

I've been using the fingerprint sensor for months to login windows and then it disappeared from windows hello, please check in the attachemnt that the sensor is working on device manager.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 13,513
Message 6 of 18

That's really strange to have the device in Device Manager but not in Windows Hello.  

Try this:

1.  reboot and press F1 to enter BIOS setup

2.  go to security -> fingerprint

3.  choose the option about "Reset Fingerprint Data".  Make sure there's no error message that appears here.

4.  press F10 to save and exit

5.  now see if Windows Hello shows the fingerprint device

KOJ
Paper Tape
Views: 13,498
Message 7 of 18

Hi;

Do you have a windows password set?

• YES, there is windows password.

Are you able to set a PIN?

• NO, it has been greyed out.

Please post a screenshot of the screen where the fingerprint sign-in button is greyed out.

• Please find the screen shot for your reference.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 13,482
Message 8 of 18

KOJ,

Are you on a domain?

KOJ
Paper Tape
Views: 13,476
Message 9 of 18

Yes The laptop is in Domain. 

lucadr
Paper Tape
Views: 13,470
Message 10 of 18

Hi, I did all the steps and I've correctly reset fingerprint data but Sign-in settings still say "Windows Hello isn't available on this device"

if you have any other test or suggestion it will be really appreciated!

thank you very much

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors