cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucadr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,436
Message 11 of 18

Re: PIN and Fingerprint Sign-in options unavailable (greyed out) in Windows - X270

in my case my laptop is not joining a Domain

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,436
Message 12 of 18

Re: PIN and Fingerprint Sign-in options unavailable (greyed out) in Windows - X270

@KOJ wrote:

Yes The laptop is in Domain. 

For domain, you have to change a Windows setting to use fingerprint/PIN:

https://www.windowsmanagementexperts.com/windows-10-pin-domain-joined-devices/windows-10-pin-domain-...

lucadr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,380
Message 13 of 18

Am I the only one having this issue with Lenovo fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello?

KOJ
Paper Tape
Views: 3,376
Message 14 of 18

Thanks its worked with given solution. 

lucadr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,372
Message 15 of 18

my User is not joining a Domain and in Windows Hello I cannot enroll my finger even if under Device Manager there is a working fingerprint sensor. Do you have any idea what kind of test I can perform to solve the issue?

lucadr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,369
Message 16 of 18

are you using 

Synaptics Metallica MOC Touch Fingerprint Driver

Windows 10 (64-bit) 

09 Nov 2017

?

KOJ
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 17 of 18

Hi;

I had applied the same solution for X1 carbon and found its works fine with local machine but with DOMAIN its still showing greyed out.

kindly need you support to resolve this issue. 

CParker
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 18 of 18

The PCs in my company are Windows 10 build 1809. Mostly Lenovo X1 Yogas and P330s and some Surface Pros. They are domain-joined to a 2012 R2 domain and they are subscribed to Office 365 for email and Office Pro Plus. We have an E3 license in Office 365. When a user registers the Office apps using their own O365 license, it connects Windows to their work account. Disconnecting that allowed me to setup PIN and Fingerprint. Here's how to do it:

1. Go to Windows Settings -> Accounts -> Access Work or School. The key setting is the "Work or School Account" with the colorful windows logo by it. Disconnect that. Don't touch the "Connected to whatever domain" setting.

2. Then click on "Sign-in Options". Fingerprint and PIN are no longer greyed out. If it's still greyed out, then make sure "convenience PIN sign-in" is enabled.

3. Add the PIN, then the Fingerprint.

4. Go back to "Access Work or School" in Settings -> Accounts.

5. Click Connect and Enter the user's email address and password.

The only group policy currently in effect is the "Turn on Convenience PIN sign-in" setting under Policies, Administrative Templates, System, Logon. Note that this is NOT Windows Hello for Business. This is still just password stuffing. Some day, convenience PIN sign-in will be depracated and we'll have to do it the secure way.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors