Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMC2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,510
Message 31 of 35

Re: PSA: Better battery life for X1 Extreme / P1

Nice solution!

I've attached a copy of the .bat file for people to download and edit for their own computers

(It's zipped because the forum won't upload .bat files).

Also, here are instructions for setting it up to run automatically through Windows Task Scheduler.

To get it to run this way you will have to add a little code chunk to the first line of the .bat file:

CD /D %~dp0

I've got the task set to run each time I start up my computer. You'll see the comman line window of the DevManView pop up.

BrianKL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 994
Message 32 of 35

I just got my 4k X1 Extreme 4 days ago - I'm shocked at only getting 3.5 hrs battery life! I've tried teh Nvidia fix as advised by Tech Support. STill only getting 4hrs battery life.

I got this unit because the specs advertised 14 hrs of battery usage. 4hrs vs 14hrs is a massive exaggeration. I'm looking to return the unit since I work on the go daily. 4 hrs is impossibly inconvenient in my case. Very disappointed as I love the laptop otherwise.
jackv1
Paper Tape
Views: 764
Message 33 of 35

I just got an x1 extreme as a replacement for an x1 carbon that was getting 2 hours of battery life on full charge. Lo and behold, this one beats it only by about an hour and a half. I'm at a conference this week and I've had to recharge the machine after every 2 to 2.5 hour talk. Ridiculous. I'll be looking to return it.

okko
Fanfold Paper
Views: 199
Message 34 of 35

Got my unit today, X1 Etreme gen 2 and it lasted 3,5 hours on the first try. 4K screen and 9750H. I've only watched Twitch stream and done some browsing with the screen on about 70%. Also when plugged the better performance mode seems ridiculous as it blasts the fans almost continuously if I do something else than afking.

I'm going to try to do some tweaks here and there but not expecting much of an improvement. I just think that with the price tag of this kind of an ultrabook there should be some responsibility with marketing. I could accept half of the battery life from what is advertised but when you add double digit on the real life battery life then there is something wrong.

BrianKL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 186
Message 35 of 35

I share your exact sentiment. For a top of the line device, the battery life is unacceptable. It took some effort, but I did finally return my X1 Extreme for a full refund. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors