Did you mean: 
Sam041
Paper Tape
Views: 106
Message 1 of 2

Partitioning X1E with RAID 0 Setup

Hi All,

I have two qustions:

1) I got my X1E with with two 512GB SSD's in a RAID0. Is it safe to make partitions with RAID0 setup? right now I just have a C drive with 952GB. I did ask a lenovo support guy here in Australia, he said that technically you can do it but we dont have information on that and we are not trained on that. If we can do it then is there a special procedure for that?

2) I read in one of the posts that if i connect my X1E to an external monitor then its run by the dedicated GPU and the GPU remiains on even after I have unplugged the external monitonr. If this happens then it drains battery. Is there a way to switch it off? My BIOS settings are still Hybrid. 

Thanks,

Sam

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 47
Message 2 of 2

Re:

Hi Sam041, Thanks for reaching out. It is possible to partition RAID 0 using the Disk management option to learn more click here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht503851?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6.

In case there is no option to "Shrink the drive" You must use third-party software to be able to do the partition (like Partition Wizard).

As for the concern with the GPU staying on the Dedicated card you can change that by either going for one of these options

Method 1: Nvidia Control panel

Manage 3D settings

Global Settings

Power management mode set to adaptive.

Method 2: Windows Control panel

Go to power options

Change Plan Settings

Change Advanced Power settings

PCI EXPRESS

LINK STATE POWER MANAGEMENT SET TO MAXIMUM POWER SAVINGS

Let us know if this works out. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors