Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkmace89
What's DOS?
Views: 1,137
Message 1 of 6

Phantom key press

I have a really bizarre issue with my X1 Carbon 6th Gen. When using Remote Desktop or Teamviewer only, the letter 'g' key is pressed every few seconds. I have tried many things but can't seem to fix it. Here's what I've done:

- Made sure I'm up to date with Windows Updates

- I have ruled out anything externally attached to the laptop, as I can replicate this while connected to the Dock and also when the laptop is disconnected from the dock, with nothing attached

- I can't replicate this in VNC Viewer

It's been happening for about a week now, and I'm running out of ideas. It's increasingly frustrating as I use Remote Desktop and Teamviewer as part of my day to day job. I have had the laptop for about a month.

Any advice appreciated! 

macote
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,048
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phantom key press - Letter G ghost typing

Hi,

I have the same issue and I explained what I have found in the following post:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/f942d778-17aa-4b2a-bb14-7187576513ea/ghost...

Can someone from Lenovo check this out please?

Thanks.

jkmace89
What's DOS?
Views: 1,046
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for letting me know. 

I've unplugged the earphones I usually have plugged into the laptop. While in a Teamviewer/TS session and I unplug it, it stops typing 'g'. As soon as I plug it back it, it starts again. Very odd. This has only started happening in the last month or so so I assume a Lenovo update has triggered this. Thanks again!

seanthanna
What's DOS?
Views: 905
Message 4 of 6

Re: Phantom key press

I am experiencing the same exact issue.  I've noticed if you change the remote desktop setting to not apply windows key combos on the remote computer it stops the issue but of course that is a PITA as now any key combos don't work.

I also noticed that the issue only seems to happen when docked in a 40AH docking station.

I just ran the firmware updater and the firmware was outdated so I updated it.  

Hopefully that resolves the issue.  

seanthanna
What's DOS?
Views: 892
Message 5 of 6

yep we just confirmed the same thing and the latest update to the dock didn't help.

kristianp
What's DOS?
Views: 775
Message 6 of 6

In the technet link mentioned earlier, someone said to stop the Realtek Audio Service.  Once I did that the problems with Audio unpausing itself and typing of 'G' every 5 seconds stopped.  Audio still works.  I disabled the service too so that it won't start automatically after reboots.

So the problem seems to be with the Realtek Audio Service at "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkAudioService64.exe".

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors