Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jefflu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,787
Message 1 of 7

Please help about the computer error 0xc000021a

My computer type is thinkpad x240

NOw, my computer existed the error 0xc000021a, and i cannot go any mode such as recover mode, safe mode. I don't know what should i do. Please, anyone helps me or gives suggestions for this situation. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,780
Message 2 of 7

Re: Please help about the computer error 0xc000021a

What operating system?  First thing, I would run built-in diagnostics.  (hit F10 at start-up)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,772
Message 3 of 7

What version of Windows do you have?      

Have you already created a recovery drive for your OS, or do you have another computer that you can use to create a recovery drive/USB key if needed?

Do you have a 4GB or larger USB thumb drive/memory stick, or external USB CD/DVD etc?

You can download from Microsoft the installation media for Windows 8.1 or 10 for free from the link below, and then use it to boot into recovery mode and fix your computer.    So step one would be get a bootable USB drive or DVD to use to repair your computer.  

If you have a friend with the same 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 8.1 or 10 (most likely you had a 64-bit version), you can create recovery media from their PC to fix yours too, but if in doubt, just create a Windows install medial USB key or DVD  using the link below.    

(Note:   The PC you use to create a recovery drive from need not be of the same Home or Pro version as your own, but it must be of the same OS (8.1 or 10) and 32/64 bit type as yours to work).

Create installation media for Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,731
Message 4 of 7

Additional info:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/windows-8-pro-cannot-boot-error-0...

Buried in this is a workaround:

finally i tried to boot with "force drivers to have signature disabled" and it worked.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,725
Message 5 of 7

Glad to see that worked for you, but unless you recently added a questionable device driver, you should open a command prompt (admin)  and run   sfc /scannow   to repair your system files since they are probably corrupted if they failed signature verification, as it could be caused by malware.   It could be a poorly written or malicious device driver that was recently installed too, so running a full virus scan using a reputable antivirus program should also be on your list too.    
Your next step should be to create recovery media on a DVD or USB stick so you will have it on hand should you ever need it.    

Create a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10

https://www.winhelp.us/create-a-recovery-drive-in-windows-8.html

Cheers,

Jefflu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,707
Message 6 of 7

My preinstall window is window 7, and lastest verision also is window 7. I had tried use F10, but it did not work. 

Jefflu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,705
Message 7 of 7

Thank for you suggestion. I will try it. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors