Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Humph
Paper Tape
Views: 561
Message 1 of 3

Poor video output on X1 carbon 4th Gen 2016

I have a brand new x1 carbon type 20FB. All seems to work fine apart from when I use an external moniter of any kind it always seems to display at a poor quality on the external screen with the laptop display staying at a high standard. The resolution is set high enough to give a good clarity (currently using 1680x1050 on company monitor) but the image is pixalated and the contrast is weak.  I have tried using HDMI monitors, VGA monitor, TV, projectors through the HDMI outputs and the onelink docking station, played with every setting I can find, tried using an external screen only and switch the laptop screen off, but nothing seems to generate a good image. I would suspect that it was just me, as most things seem to be, but we recieved three of these laptops at the same time and all have the same issue. Does anyone have a solution or is the intel 520 HD graphic card just not up to scratch?

Zhaoyang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 512
Message 2 of 3

Re: Poor video output on X1 carbon 4th Gen 2016

Intel Skylake IGP drivers are buggy. Don't know the details, but it may be the cause. Try updating graphics driver.

- i don't work for lenovo; just a fan.

SuzanneM1
What's DOS?
Views: 320
Message 3 of 3

Re: Poor video output on X1 carbon 4th Gen 2016

Did you find a resolution to your issue? I also have same problem, thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors