cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chubbs
What's DOS?
Views: 523
Message 1 of 4

Possible cause of black spot on Carbon X1 display after repair?

Please bear with me, I am a complete novice. Recently I sent my laptop in for repair as the screen went completely dark suddenly as I was using it. The shop has now repaired it, told me there was water damage from the past and they ultrasound-cleaned my logicboard. The screen is working fine, but there is now a significant black patch on the screen. I admit there was water damage from many months ago, but the screen was never damaged like this. There were maybe swirls for a few hours and eventually it dried off, at least there was no lasting visible damage. Is it possible for old water damage to resurface like this? The shop is insisting that it was due to water damage from the past. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Is it possible there was an accident during the repair?

Here's the picture of the black spot: https://imgur.com/higpp6P

In any case I do love the laptop and would probably replace the screen, although the repair costs are adding up. I was looking into replacement screens - the shop quoted me 120€ for cost price for the screen. I seem to find screens going for 80€ online and am wondering if there is something specific I have to look out for. I was googling for LP140WD2-TLE2.

The model: Carbon X1 3448/3Y2

Would be grateful for any feedback.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 513
Message 2 of 4

Re: Possible cause of black spot on Carbon X1 display after repair?

It is difficult to be sure, but the black marks could be from a foreign substance getting between the layers.  I cannot find 3448-3y2 in any documentation so I cannot determine if you have touch or non-touch, or resolution (HD or HD+)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
chubbs
What's DOS?
Views: 501
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the reply.  It is a non-touch, I believe a HD+, 1600X900.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 493
Message 4 of 4

I always suggest gettin a screen with a Lenovo FRU.  HD+ is 04X1756

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors