Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

08-25-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 9

Power Adapter for X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (Type 20JD, 20JE, 20JF, 20JG) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20JF

2021-02-09, 0:47 AM

Hi - I need a new power cord. When I logged in to Lenovo, My Products, Parts. Then clicked #26 (the image of the power cord), it gives me a 50 line list of 45W adapters. But my adapter is 65W. How do I find the right part numbers for the adapter I need? I need to order one ASAP from Lenovo or Amazon (and want the plug to be 2 prong, not 3 prong). I appreciate any specific help and part numbers showing me which is the right adapater for my laptop. 

Thank you. 

Answer
Options

8932 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77709 Signins

2223915 Page Views

• Views: 2223915

Re:Power Adapter for X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (Type 20JD, 20JE, 20JF, 20JG) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20JF

2021-02-10, 22:46 PM

Hmmm, my link isn't working for me now.  It was...

The one you linked certainly looks like it's compatible.  Specs seem to say so.  Just checked the one I have - which hasn't been out of the box yet - and it's the same part # as the one you linked.

OK, took it out of the box and plugged it into my Gen 4.  Seems fine. Charging, and Vantage reports that a 65W charger is connected.

Dang, this thing is tiny.  The coiled up USB-C cord is bigger than the charger.  I don't have a Gen 2 to test, but I'd say go for it.

[edit to add] Just noticed that it "sings" a bit.  A high-pitched whine.  Not loud, but I can just hear it.  Can't say if they would all do this, but it might be an issue depending on your hearing.  I find it unacceptable :(

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Replies(8)
Options

8932 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77709 Signins

2223915 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re:Power Adapter for X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (Type 20JD, 20JE, 20JF, 20JG) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20JF

2021-02-09, 1:03 AM

I'd expect any USB-C 65W charger from Lenovo to work.  Or any 45W USB-C charger but you wouldn't get rapid charging.  Or likely any 3rd-party 65W USB-C charger from a reputable brand, as long as it can provide 20V.

Here's a quick link to one at Amazon that claims to be Lenovo-branded and lists your X1 in the compatibility list:

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-4X20M26268-Included-Original-Packaging/dp/B06Y2YPWSM

There are also newer, smaller options from Lenovo.  Both corded and "wall-wart".

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

8 Posts

08-25-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2021-02-09, 1:33 AM

Thank you so much! I added that cord to my wishlist. When I searched Amazon, that one didn't come up for me. What did you search? 

What is Both corded and "wall-wart".? I'd love a more modern one if it exists. Thank you!

Options

8932 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77709 Signins

2223915 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2021-02-09, 1:49 AM

I find searching via The Google works better for me than within either the Lenovo or Amazon site.  I googled on X1 Gen 2 charger and grabbed the first part number I found in a forum thread.  Then double-checked the PSREF page for the laptop and verified it was a USB-C charger.  That opened up lots of possibilities.

As to newer, smaller versions, I had the part numbers handy as I have both in my gadget drawer:

Corded: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/chargers/PWR-ADP-BO-TP-Slim-65W-USB-C-AC-Adapter/p/4X20V24674

Wall-wart: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/travel-chargers/65W-GaN-Mini-Adapter/p/40AWGC65WW

I didn't Google those part numbers after finding them on the Lenovo site to see if they are available @ Amazon or elsewhere.  I'll leave that to the you ;)

Z.

Options

8 Posts

08-25-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-02-09, 20:56 PM

As to newer, smaller versions, I had the part numbers handy as I have both in my gadget drawer:

Corded: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/chargers/PWR-ADP-BO-TP-Slim-65W-USB-C-AC-Adapter/p/4X20V24674

Wall-wart: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/travel-chargers/65W-GaN-Mini-Adapter/p/40AWGC65WW

--------------------------

Thanks so much for the research. I can't get the Wall Wart one to come up (just a white screen) so I still have no clue what that is so I will look into one of the slimmer, corded ones. Thanks again for the help. 

Options

8932 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77709 Signins

2223915 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-02-09, 21:06 PM

The link is working for me.  Don't know what's up.  Below is a pic and a link to the part at Tiger Direct.  Not necessarily recommending that source - or not - but hopefully this link works.

https://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=827068

Options

8 Posts

08-25-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2021-02-10, 22:33 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I cannot get that link to work - even when I search the part number on the lenovo site - when I click on it it's a blank screen. 

But I found this one - is it the same thing? If this will work with my laptop I can order this one. I love the idea of the block not being in the middle of the cord. Always been so annoying. 

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/travel-chargers/65W-GaN-Mini-Adapter/p/G0A6GC65WW

Answer
Options

8932 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77709 Signins

2223915 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-02-10, 22:46 PM

Hmmm, my link isn't working for me now.  It was...

The one you linked certainly looks like it's compatible.  Specs seem to say so.  Just checked the one I have - which hasn't been out of the box yet - and it's the same part # as the one you linked.

OK, took it out of the box and plugged it into my Gen 4.  Seems fine. Charging, and Vantage reports that a 65W charger is connected.

Dang, this thing is tiny.  The coiled up USB-C cord is bigger than the charger.  I don't have a Gen 2 to test, but I'd say go for it.

[edit to add] Just noticed that it "sings" a bit.  A high-pitched whine.  Not loud, but I can just hear it.  Can't say if they would all do this, but it might be an issue depending on your hearing.  I find it unacceptable :(

Z.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

8 Posts

08-25-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-02-10, 22:57 PM

I'll take my chances on the noise - it would have to drown out my ever-churning laptop, which will be hard to beat, lol. 

Thank you!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms