Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

01-07-2008

Japan

74 Signins

683 Page Views

• Views: 683
  • Message 1 of 3

Power Manager settings missing after upgrade to SSD

2008-10-23, 11:46 AM

I have upgraded my X200 with a SSD for testing and some of my settings from the Power Manager disepeared. I have only one scheme present: Power Source Optimized.

I cannot create any new scheme, ither in Power Manager or in the Power Options control panel.

I upgraded to Power Manager 1.47, latest driver, etc..

Still same issue.

Any idea?

Thanks

Ballallaz

Options

1 Posts

09-13-2010

Illinois

1 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Power Manager settings missing after upgrade to SSD

2010-09-13, 15:29 PM

I just had the same problem, and Lenovo has not been of any help.  They told me to install power manager.  But upgrading to the latest power manager is exactly what caused my settings to disappear.  Did you ever find a solution?

Kevin

Options

5 Posts

04-22-2014

Hawaii

11 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Power Manager settings missing after upgrade to SSD

2014-04-22, 1:18 AM

It may be intentional that the SSD removes your power manager, for the following reason:

I have a Lenovo X-200 running windows 7 and I just installed an Intel 25-M SSD.  When I run Intel's SSD toolbox I see that my computer never shuts down the drive safely.  The computer is supposed to warn the SSD that it is going to turn off power, and not doing so can cause data loss.

So perhaps your SSD intentionally disabled a misbehaving power manager to prevent you from having the problem I'm having.

Lenovo's tech support is worse than useless on this issue. Intel tech support says to contact lenovo.  I will probably just throw the SSD in the trash and order an old-style hard drive. :(

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms