cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuzi81
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 1 of 3

Power loss failure (immediate reset) whenever switching from power adapter to battery (unplug)

Hi,

IBM Thinkpad x40 with windows xp, don't have this problem before. additional information:

Battery work fine (more then 4 hours).
If unplugging in the stand by mode having any problem as well as when the PC shutdown .
plug back (switching from battery to external power) without any problem.
try to change battery and power adapter always the same problem.

me suggestion is HW issue.

any help welcome:
some post about
which component gone
any solution?

Br

CYL
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 2 of 3

Re: Power loss failure (immediate reset) whenever switching from power adapter to battery (unplug)

My laptop is ThinkPad X1.

Same situation. Originally was at 97% charge, once go to battery mode (AC unplug) battery immediately goes to 5% and then hibernate.

Replaced 3 batteries from service center but problem still persist.

Support Center keep insisting is battery problem despite 3 replacement batteries from service center! Lenovo is providing faulty batteries to customer for consecutively 3 times!?

Issue has dragged for over 1 year and now Support Center says battery warranty is over and request to purchase new battery. If purchasing new battery can solve the issue, why did I need to replace the battery 3 times!? All batteries cycle counts range between 30 to 40 only. (Mostly on AC and recharge threshold is set to recharge at 33%). Lenovo batteries can only last for 3-6 months!?

Despite case being escalated to "TOP MANAGEMENT", no response from Lenovo at all for over 1 week! Is this even escalating?

Is this so-called "Customer Satisfaction" when satisfaction level is NEGATIVE ONE HUNDRED?

kuzi81
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 3 of 3

Re: Power loss failure (immediate reset) whenever switching from power adapter to battery (unplug)

Hi,

Sorry I think it's different issue, I mean immediate (0 time) reset (power loss) like you unplug power from desktop for 1 second, and after boot I can work with no problem 3-4 hours.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors