Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-14-2010

Netherlands

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

Power manager doesn't display - so I can't get rid of the power change beep...

2010-06-14, 10:48 AM

Hi everybody,

I just got the X200 laptop, like it very much except for the annoyingly loud beep when the system goes into stand-by. Looking trough this forum I tried many things, like changing the sound settings in regedit to 'no' and disabling the 'beep' plugin in the system settings. No luck so far. An other solution (that sounds useful) is disabling the 'beep on power changes' option in the Power Manager. But...when I open the Power Manager, it displays the welcome/info screen and then disappears! How can I get into the Power Manager??

Hope someone can help...

Cheers,

Hanneke

Options

31 Posts

05-15-2010

Denmark

282 Signins

845 Page Views

• Views: 845
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Power manager doesn't display - so I can't get rid of the power change beep...

2010-06-15, 5:56 AM
That's a strange one. Run Thinkvantage System Update, or just download and install most recent PM driver and software. Maybe refreshing these will give you PM back. Otherwise, I believe you may also have a setting in the BIOS for the beep. Not in front of my X100 now, but I know I have this setting on my X60s.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms