Did you mean: 
Highlighted
San_28
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 152
Message 1 of 3

Powering on my X1C6/Yoga3 when docked to a Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Hello everyone,

So we have an X1C6 and an X1 Yoga 3 at home. We have a Toshiba Thunderbolt 3 Dock setup with a 4k Monitor, speaker and the works - whoever needs the workstations plugs into it - easy peasy.

Life is good minus the fact that the power button on the Toshiba Dock does not power on the laptops - instead it powers itself on or off when we press the power button. Does that make sense to you guys? On the X1 Yoga 3, it is easier as the power button in on the side. But on the X1C6. I have to actually open the laptop up, hit the power button, and only then will the computer power on.

I have used many docks in the past, and none have behaved this way. The very idea of using a dock for me is not to have to open the laptop unless I am taking it away.

What am I doing wrong here? Or is that something I will have to live with? If it helps, this is the dock we are using: https://us.toshiba.com/accessory/PA5281U-1PRP/

Thanks in advance for your help, guys. 

Cheers!

Moderator comment: Bumping more frequently than 3 days unfairly pushes other members' threads downwards. Bumping post(s) removed.

San_28
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 103
Message 2 of 3

Re: Powering on my X1C6/Yoga3 when docked to a Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Help, please? Has no one had this issue with Thunderbolt 3 docks? Is there any way I can switch on my X1C6 using the keyboard attached to the dock, or the power button on the dock?

Thanks, everyone.

tbThink17
Blue Screen Again
Views: 69
Message 3 of 3

Re: Powering on my X1C6/Yoga3 when docked to a Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Not sure if related, but found your post searching for similar issue.

I have the lenovo tb3 dock (40ac0135us) and x1c5 and x1 extreme.  Recently I can no longer power on my x1e with the power button on the dock.   I've tried everything to no avail, all FW and BIOS updates are up to date.

However, when I use the tb3 dock with my older x1c5, it works as expected.   Powering on the x1c5 with lid closed and also causing sleep when the button is pressed on the dock.    

For some reason and this is new, this functionality no longer works on my x1e.   I have to open the laptop lid and press the power button.   There was no single thing that I can correlate with respect to windows updates or anything that would account for it to no longer work.

However, just before it stopped working, the screen froze in an unusual way in windows with a blue background (not the blue BSOD) and with ctrl-alt-delete required I signing out to clear it up.    Ever since that time, the power button no longer works.   Coincidence perhaps because how a windows anomally would effect a 'before operating system power-on button' would not make sense.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors