Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minko3236
What's DOS?
Views: 1,033
Message 1 of 2

Pressure mark/white spot on the screen of 4th generation X1 Carbon

My 4th gen X1 Carbon now haves a pressure mark that is quite visible in the middle of my screen, so I decided to go to one of the Lenovo service partners to check if this can be repaired. It turned out that this pressure mark is not in the range of warranty. However the technician in a service center in China told me that this problem is included in the warranty because models such as X1 Carbon has two warranties: 1st being the general warranty, 2nd being the accident warranty, including problems such as pressure mark. So I would like to know if this pressure mark problem is included in the warranty?

This problem is quite serious as shown in the picture, especially when the brightness is high.

This is how the pressure mark looks like, and there are actually more than one of them.

http://imgur.com/a/v6ZZ5

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,029
Message 2 of 2

Re: Pressure mark/white spot on the screen of 4th generation X1 Carbon

With screens and laptops getting thinner, it is getting easier to cause this sort of mark to appear.  It is covered if you bought the optional accidental damage coverage at the time of purchase.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors