Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-30-2021

Uruguay

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 9

Problem external mouse+keyboard, abnormal operation generates many clicks on the windows task bar

2021-03-30, 16:02 PM

Hi, 

i have a Lonovo X1 8gen product number 20U9S0VA00 and s/n xxxxxxxxxx.

When I connect a kit of mouse + wireless keyboard via usb, randomly when I'm working, many clicks start to be generated on the windows task bar that make it impossible to use the notebook.

To solve it, the only way is to restart windows forcibly and sometimes when restarting the problem persists.

I have tried removing the wireless keyboard and mouse at the time the problem is generated but it does not solve it, the only option is to turn off the computer.

Attached screen shot showing the problem.

Mod edit:  Removed serial number to prevent abuse.

Options

1631 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

108 Signins

8210 Page Views

• Views: 8210
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Problem external mouse+keyboard, abnormal operation generates many clicks on the windows task bar

2021-03-30, 17:56 PM

Hello aldovillagra,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Kindly update the drivers and BIOS thru the support site.
Also under BIOS, load the default settings then save before exiting.

Unplug and reconnect the Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, then restart the computer.

Let me know if this solves the problem

Best regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

03-30-2021

Uruguay

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

Re:Problem external mouse+keyboard, abnormal operation generates many clicks on the windows task bar

2021-03-30, 19:21 PM

thanks for very fast reply,

i already had bios updated with:

ThinkPad BIOS Update - 10 [64] - 1.16
Instalado correctamente: 2/3/2021 2:21 
Tamaño del paquete: 11.8 MB 
Fecha de publicación: 25/2/2021 

Now load the BIOS default settings, unplug and reconnect the bluetooth keyboard and mouse.  Now to use the notebook and wait.   

That problem occurred randomly, one day it could be working perfectly and another day start having constant problems.

In few days i will update information

regards,
Aldo

Options

5 Posts

03-30-2021

Uruguay

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2021-04-03, 19:08 PM

Hi, 

the same problem it was repeated

regards,

Aldo

Options

1631 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

108 Signins

8210 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-04-15, 20:00 PM

Sorry for the late response.

Just to further isolate the problem, have you tried your wireless keyboard and mouse with another computer?
Or have you tried another set of keyboard and mouse into this X1 8 gen computer?
Let me know what happens

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

03-30-2021

Uruguay

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-04-15, 21:43 PM

Hello,

I have tried on another laptop and desketop the keyboard and mouse, on both it worked great.

Then buy another wireless keyboard and mouse kit and the problem persists.

There are days that it works perfectly, but days that it is necessary to restart the notebook two or three times.

It's a very random anomaly, I don't detect a pratron. I only seemed to see in some cases that the problem occurred that the fan starts working very quickly. But I can't confirm it 100%

Regards,
Aldo

Options

1631 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

108 Signins

8210 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2021-04-21, 21:25 PM

As with all other updates , best to backup your files first on a separate location initially.

You can try turning off Windows firewall and antivirus for this process initially and perform the update as made available specifically using the serial number on the support page.
Another option to check with the SSD manufacturer if any potential need for such update and likewise if your storage already have those that the update is providing.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Options

5 Posts

03-30-2021

Uruguay

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-04-21, 21:33 PM

Hi,

I can't understand what you are specifying to me, what should I do, should I upgrade the firmware and bios of my notebook?

It is up to date, for that I use Lenovo Vantage and these were the last updates applied:

Intel Management Engine Firmware - 10 [64] - 14.0.48.1605
Installed successfully: 4/18/2021 7:36 PM

ThinkPad BIOS Update - 10 [64] - 1.17
Successfully installed: 4/18/2021 7:30 PM

regards
Aldo

Options

1631 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

108 Signins

8210 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-04-30, 20:44 PM

Sorry for the late response.

What I'm asking is to try the updates, thru the Lenovo support website, instead of the Vantage app.
It might be worth trying

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms